You will be provided with the information you need to establish a job evaluation system and make changes to your grading structure. You will have an opportunity to test various ideas and to establish what may work for you. This course will involve working in teams on practical case studies to gain detailed hands-on experience of evaluating jobs using the various tools and techniques that will be discussed throughout the three days of the course.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the different approaches, systems and tools for job evaluation in order to determine how to place a job into the correct grade in your grading and pay structures.
- Align your grade structures to your organisational objectives and human resources strategy.
- Discover practical steps for implementing a job evaluation system, and developing a grading system to underpin your salary structures and remuneration policies.
You will work on typical job evaluation and grading problems and issues, including actual issues and problems that are identified by the participants during the course. There will be practical case studies to work within an ‘action learning’ environment. The course will include the following case studies designed around various companies based in Asia:
- Selecting the most appropriate job evaluation system
- Building the internal case for review/design of a new grading/salary structure
- Designing the most appropriate grade structure
- The debate of single-step grades versus double-step grades versus broad-banding
- Training your Managers in understanding grades and progression management
Senior Manager, Human Resources, Siemens Malaysia